As a grassroots organization, our work is powered by individual contributions from people like you. There are a number of ways in which you can help, so we encourage you to find the method of contributing that best fits your abilities.
Buy a piece of art.
The greatest contribution you can make is to purchase a piece of art that moves you. Visit the upcoming events page to find an exhibition near you. Your presence at a show and your purchase both serve to let the artists know that you hear their stories and you care about their concerns in a human-to-human connection that cannot be replaced.
If you are unable to attend an event in person, check out the art available for purchase online in the gallery, or consider applying to host a show in your community (keep reading below for more details).
By making a donation you support the purchase of supplies needed to maintain the refugee art program, as well as material to meet the immediate needs of refugees who lack financial or other support. These supplies include but are not limited to food staples, diapers for small children, over-the-counter medication, medical care and housing for particularly vulnerable individuals and families, and sleeping bags and tents for individuals compelled to sleep rough. Send us a payment via credit, debit, or PayPal using the button below.
Host a show.
We host art shows and exhibitions around the world with the help of local volunteers and community members like yourself. Host a show through your organization for your clients or the general public, or host a show at your home for your family and friends.
As an interested host, we ask you to be aware of the following details:
- Each event is usually 3-4 hours.
- There is no minimum to the amount of days your event can last. The exhibition will be comprised of 45 – 50 pieces of art.
- Each piece ranges from $35 – $1000 and 100% of each sale goes DIRECTLY to the artist. LWB and event host take NO commision from any sale.
- The art consists of a varied representation of children, teen and adult art.
- Approximately 45 minutes into the event, I will present a 10-15 minute slideshow discussion explaining our program, the refugee situation in Europe and then culminating with a Q&A.
- Attendees will be able to purchase the art directly at the event. They can pay with cash, check, Visa/Mastercard/Amex, Venmo, PayPal or direct from our website.
- We encourage the purchaser to take a photo with the art to send back to the artist. There is also the opportunity for the purchaser to directly connect with the artist through WhatsApp and/or Facebook if they would like.
In addition to these guidelines, we ask the hosting individual/community to:
- Find the venue for the exhibition.
- Organize all advertising/publicity for the event.
- Reaching out to local press.
- LWB borders will self-transport the art to the city. However, any financial support or grant to cover forwarding the art to your city through shipping will be most efficient and helpful to our organization and the event.
- Provide one night of accommodation for the representative from LWB
- Provide assistance in setting up the art at the event.
- Provide and organize, at minimum, simple refreshments for attendees.
- Encourage dialogue with community members and leaders to help educate and spread awareness for the situation both in Greece and at home.
Throughout the event, we will also accept additional donations which go towards accommodation for families we’re housing in Greece, additional art materials and items for our distributions in refugee camps.
We are also open to any creative ideas and initiatives you may have. Some examples from the past have been educational seminars and/or exhibits in your local schools, hosting your own workshops in and around your neighborhood and one-on-one mentoring and sponsorship. Or, as a community-driven initiative, encouraging your locals schools/universities, town halls and/or institutions to purchase a bulk quantity of art (15 pieces minimum) to create their own personalized educational project and exhibit.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a show that fits you or your organization’s profile.
Become a volunteer.
If you are interested in making a long-term contribution, consider joining our team of volunteers. Help organize shows at venues in your community, educate others about the conditions faced by these vulnerable individuals, and expand the platform for the disenfranchised to tell their stories and support themselves. As a volunteer, your contributions might include receiving and storing art for exhibition, helping to organize and set up shows, helping to process transactions during events, and cleaning up. If you are interested in knowing more, contact us using the form below.